Runiverse is a decentralized gaming platform that utilizes non-fungible token (NFT) technology and smart contracts. Players can compete with each other based on the performance of various tokens in the cryptocurrency market.
How does it work?
In Runiverse, each player selects a favorite token and can challenge a friend or random opponent to a thirty-second race. The buy-in for each race starts at $5 per player and is paid using the chosen token. The speed of the token-athletes is determined by real-time price changes provided by Quickswap and Binance oracles and directly reflects the price of the token in the cryptocurrency markets. If the chosen athlete had the highest total percentage growth during the thirty seconds, the player wins the race and takes back their own tokens plus those of their opponent.
What role do NFTs play in Runiverse?
NFTs play a crucial role in the Runiverse platform, representing the racers and the tracks where the races take place. NFT owners can benefit from two streams of income: a fee equal to 5% of the total bet taken exclusively from the bet of the losing token, and a percentage of the winnings distributed at the end of the game.
What are the advantages of Runiverse?
Runiverse offers several advantages for players and NFT collectors, including:
- Simplicity: The platform does not contain charts or complex formulas typical of exchanges. Each token has its own unique athlete and each player plays the same buy-in to compete.
- Speed: No need for usernames, passwords, personal details, or waiting times. Players can connect their wallet and start playing with their tokens instantly.
- Control of funds: No external payment systems or deposits are needed to cash out winnings. Players always keep control of their winnings and can collect them at any time, directly to their external wallet.
- Transparency: The platform has no hidden fees or weird odds – the rules are always the same. In addition, every race data can be validated on the blockchain.
- Gamification: Runiverse is a community-based game that includes elements of engagement, leaderboards, and rewards. This avoids the “alone against the machine” feeling that many games elicit.
- Passive earnings: NFTs in Runiverse aren’t just collectibles; they also serve as a source of passive income whenever a player races on that specific track or the represented token gets involved in any race.
- Cross-metaverse compatibility: The platform is designed for maximum versatility and scalability, promoting the creation of new athletes and tracks in a cross metaverse ecosystem.
- Fee control: The underlying blockchain technology allows for full transparency and control of fees paid to NFT owners.
What is the gameplay like in Runiverse?
In Runiverse, players choose their favorite token and can challenge a friend or a random opponent to a thirty-second two-player race. The buy-in for each race starts at a minimum of $5 per player and is paid with the chosen token. In other words, if you choose to race with Bitcoin, you pay $5 worth of bitcoin to race against an opponent.
The speed of token-athletes is determined by real-time price changes provided by Quickswap and Binance oracles and directly follows the price of the token in the cryptocurrency markets. An athlete-token will run faster in the Runiverse when the price of the corresponding token increases and vice versa.
Each race in Runiverse lasts thirty seconds and the races are hosted on the most successful Metaverses, including Sandbox, Decentraland, Star Atlas, and the Runiverse itself. If the selected athlete had the highest total percentage growth during the thirty seconds, the player wins the race by taking back their own tokens plus those of their opponent.
What is the business model for Runiverse?
Each competition in Runiverse takes place using a “rent” 1 Track NFT and 2 Athlete NFT. The owners of these NFTs are entitled to a fee equal to 5% of the entire game, which is paid using the tokens of the player who lost.